They covered a range of topics including:
- How Rajeev made the transition from successful operator with 3 IPOs under his belt to investing in the next generation of enterprise companies with Mayfield?
- What does he mean when he says “startups do not die of starvation, they die of indigestion”?
- How does this realisation affect his approach to customer profiling and segmenting customers?
- Why does he believe that “early product market fit can be misleading”?
- How does he look to provide context and action from numbers and analytics in the early days?
- How does he feel that founders should approach gross margin from the early days?
- How should this relationship and thought process towards gross margin change over time?
- Why does he believe that retention is the number 1 metric for SaaS founders to focus on? In the stack of metrics, how does this compare to gross margin, CAC/LTV and payback period?
Originally published at www.mayfield.com on October 23, 2017.
Rajeev Batra Shares Insights on the SaaStr Podcast was originally published in Mayfield Viewpoints on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.